High SchoolLansing High School
Awards and Activities
- 2022 Varsity TeamStarter
2022 Varsity Team Detailed Information
#4No stats available.
- 2023 Mid-Atlantic Red Sox(16U National)
- 2022 Northeast Pride National 15u(Elite) Shortstop, 3rd base, 2nd, RHP
- 2021 Victus Elite(Elite) SS, 3rd, 2nd
- 2021 Team X(Elite) SS, 3rd, 2nd
- 2019 Syracuse sportszone(high) 2018-2021 SS, 3rd, 2nd, RHP
- 2019 Cayuga bombers(High) 2019-2021 SS, 3rd, RHP
Mid-Atlantic Red Sox Detailed Information
#5No stats available.
Northeast Pride National 15u Detailed Information
Shortstop, 3rd base, 2nd, RHPNo stats available.
Victus Elite Detailed Information
SS, 3rd, 2ndNo stats available.
Team X Detailed Information
SS, 3rd, 2ndNo stats available.
Syracuse sportszone Detailed Information
2018-2021 SS, 3rd, 2nd, RHPNo stats available.
Cayuga bombers Detailed Information
2019-2021 SS, 3rd, RHPNo stats available.
Ryan Pettograsso Houk's Key Stats History
- Home to 1st3.87 CurrentVerified By: PG The Series ChallengeVerified On: 07/16/2021
- Exit Velocity97 CurrentVerified By: College CampVerified On: 11/04/2023
- 60 Yard Dash6.87 CurrentVerified By: PBR State GamesVerified On: 06/12/2022
- Top Infield Velocity89 CurrentVerified By: College CampVerified On: 11/04/2023
- Consistent Infield Velocity86 CurrentVerified By: CoachVerified On: 05/25/2022
My name is Ryan Pettograsso-Houk. I am 15 years old and in 9th grade. My primary positions are SS/3rd/RHP. My college and athletic goals are to compete in D1 baseball at a high level in a academically challenging environment.
I was 13 when the COVID pandemic hit. I was a 7th grade student anticipating being on our school district JV baseball team when our district shut down all athletics and in-person school. It was truly heartbreaking for me. I had a choice during this time. I could have relaxed and floated by or worked 100x harder. I chose to work 100x harder. My family allowed my to move from NY to Florida with other family members in January of 2021. I enrolled in school and worked with a local baseball facility in Fort Myers to condition my body for baseball. I was able to play baseball on two elite baseball teams and in professional baseball facilities such as Jet Blue. In addition to playing with nationally ranked baseball players and conditioning my body to be the best, I learned how to compete. It was during this time period that I grew as a person and understood the power and control I had over my own success and achievements. It was difficult being away from my hometown, family and friends; I knew however that the time away was temporary, what I learned and the challenges I overcame, will stay with me forever.
I fully believe my experience these past two years have been drastically different from my peers and I am extremely grateful to my family who made it happen for me. I am as prepared as I can be to continue to put my best foot forward with my character, my work ethic, my skill and my study. When you live with gratitude, you live fully and always carry the desire to be the very best version of yourself.
- Xavier MedinaTravel / Club CoachLog in to access this info
- Allen HainesClub CoachLog in to access this info
- Brett HotchkissHigh School Head CoachLog in to access this info
- Katie CrandallAthletic DirectorLog in to access this info
- Basketball6 years experienceJunior Varsity TeamJV MVP of the Tournament - December 2021
- Soccer7 years experienceFreshman TeamParticipated on Club Teams until the age of 13, Played on the modified team as a 7th grader. Stopped playing in 2020 to play Fall Ball Baseball conditioning.
- Basketball2 years experienceClub/Travel TeamUnified Basketball Student Mentor - Participated on the Special Olympics Unified Basketball Team as a Mentor to student athletes that had intellectual disabilities.
- Velocity Sports1 years experienceOffseason weights, strength, quickness,
- Sportzone3 years experienceStrength and conditioning.