High SchoolWatertown High School
Awards and Activities
- 2022 Varsity TeamStarter
- 2021 Junior Varsity TeamStarter
2022 Varsity Team Detailed Information
#27No stats available.
2021 Junior Varsity Team Detailed Information
#6No stats available.
- 2022 Thundercats Sports Academy(17U)
- 2021 Thundercat Baseball(16U)
Thundercats Sports Academy Detailed Information
#16No stats available.
Thundercat Baseball Detailed Information
#30No stats available.
Gideon E. Vana's Key Stats History
- Home to 1st4.06 CurrentVerified By: Chris MertensVerified On: 04/24/2022
- Exit Velocity87.0 CurrentVerified By: PBRVerified On: 03/19/2022
- 60 Yard Dash7.12 CurrentVerified By: Chris MertensVerified On: 04/24/2022
- Catching Velocity73 CurrentVerified By: PBRVerified On: 03/19/2022
- Top Pop Time1.94 CurrentVerified By: Charles Davis - ThundercatsVerified On: 02/28/2022
- Pop Time2.07 CurrentVerified By: Charles Davis - ThundercatsVerified On: 02/28/2022
My name is Gideon Vana and I am a hard working baseball player, who is truly dedicated to this sport. I was not gifted with as much natural athletic talents as some, however, with the talent that I do possess and the hard work that I put in, I will be a better baseball player because of it. Plus, I have learned through my three high school sports (cross country, swimming and baseball) that determination and persistence have dramatically increased both my skill level and performance results. I have been a catcher since I was six years old and have been taking catching lessons for two seasons with Marcus Hanel. I am currently on the varsity baseball team at my high school and am playing with Thundercats (Lake Mills) 17U Club Team this summer. I have a 3.9 GPA.
When it comes to choosing what school I would like to go to, my options are expansive. I am mainly looking at Midwest states (South Dakota, Kansas, Indiana, etc.) but I am open to going anywhere. I am looking forward to attending a college where I can balance both receiving a good education and playing baseball. My top two choices for a major right now are either Sports Management or Athletic Training. Financial assistance is going to be very important to me in the college selection process, as my family will have high need.
Knowing that I am capable of playing baseball in college makes me more passionate for this sport. What I can offer to a team is the promise to always work hard, to be a team player, be coachable, and never give up. My realistic athletic goals are to continue playing the sport I love at a highly competitive level, to make an impact on the team and to be a positive and encouraging example to those after me. At the end of the day, I want to know that I made a difference and my contribution resulted in my team's success.
- Chase DavisTravel / Club CoachLog in to access this info
- Eric KleineHigh School Assistant CoachLog in to access this info
- Andy CashinHigh School Head CoachLog in to access this info
- Marcus HanelPrivate CoachLog in to access this info
- Swimming2 years experienceJunior Varsity TeamSwam in some varsity events per meet.
- Cross Country2 years experienceJunior Varsity Team
- Unified Strength3 years experienceNo notes listed