High SchoolSycamore High School
Awards and Activities
- 2022 Varsity TeamStarter 1st Team All-Conference State 3rd Place, Conference Champs, Sectional Champs, Regional Champs
- Assisted tackles3
- Pass break-ups5
- Solo tackles18
- Tackles for a loss6
- 2021 Varsity TeamSectional Champs, Regional Champs, State 3rd Place, Conference 2nd Place
- 2021 Junior Varsity TeamStarter
- 2020 Freshman TeamStarter
2022 Varsity Team Detailed Information
1st Team All-Conference
State 3rd Place, Conference Champs, Sectional Champs, Regional Champs
2021 Varsity Team Detailed Information
Sectional Champs, Regional Champs, State 3rd Place, Conference 2nd PlaceNo stats available.
2021 Junior Varsity Team Detailed Information
#45No stats available.
2020 Freshman Team Detailed Information
#45No stats available.
Joseph M. Culotta's Key Stats History
- 40 Yard Dash4.72 CurrentVerified By: Brown University Football CampVerified On: 07/09/2023
- 5-10-5 Shuttle4.185 CurrentRivals Combine_St. Louis Stats_202301/01/31004.185Verified By: Rivals Combine - St LouisVerified On: 04/29/2023
- Bench Press300 CurrentVerified By: Sycamore Football CoachVerified On: 05/24/2023
- Squat415 CurrentVerified By: Sycamore Football CoachVerified On: 05/25/2023
- Vertical29 CurrentVerified By: Edward Ambre - Personal Trainer, Aurora, ILVerified On: 03/02/2023
- 3 Cone Drill7.15 CurrentRivals Combine_St. Louis Stats_202301/01/31007.15Verified By: Rivals Combine - St LouisVerified On: 04/29/2023
- Broad Jump108.5 CurrentRivals Combine_St. Louis Stats_202301/01/3100108.5"Verified By: Rivals Combine - St LouisVerified On: 04/29/2023
As part of our starting defense rotation, we only allowed 1 touchdown in the 9 game regular season and allowed only 2 touchdowns in 3 playoff games. We finished our regular season undefeated (9-0). We won the Interstate 8 conference and were ranked 1st in state Class 5A and 6th overall in Illinois going into the state playoffs.
I come from a family of competitive athletes. My grandfather was a 2-time Louisiana all-state wrestler in high school and the captain of his track team in college. My father had an opportunity to play either Div I football or baseball. Ultimately, he chose to play Div I baseball and was later recruited by the Cincinnati Reds. My mom was a Div II college softball pitcher.
As for me, you can say the apple didn't fall far from the tree. I am a 2-sport athlete. I have been very fortunate during my high school football career. My sophomore season I mainly played both ways on the JV team but played up for varsity as a backup as well. That year, our varsity team made it to the state semi-finals losing to the team that ultimately won state. My junior season (2022-23) I was 1 of only 4 juniors that started due to our talent-rich senior class. Ultimately, our season ended in a 10-7 loss in the semi-final game to a team that went on to win the state championship game..
I have a very competitive mentality both on and off of the field. I was raised to always give 110% in everything I do. I lead by example and am very well respected by my peers. I am determined to succeed and I refuse to accept failure. I am very confident in my abilities and will not quit anything once I get it set in my mind. I also show these qualities in my studies having been placed in several AP and honors classes I currently carry a 4.31 GPA. I have also been accepted to the National Honor Society in October, 2022.
- Joe RyanHigh School Head CoachLog in to access this info
- Baseball10 years experienceJunior Varsity Team
- Realize Athletics3 years experienceNo notes listed